I'm traveling with luggage
Mondays – Fridays 07:00 – 20:00
Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays 08:00 – 18:00
Lunch Break 12:00 – 12:30
Luggage transportation by coach is advantageous particularly on international services: you are not bothered by detailed luggage checks as those at the airport, you can even take more luggages, you do not have to wait for your luggage upon arrival and one basic luggage is usually not charged. This usually applies to domestic services as well.
We differentiate between a hand luggage and a travel luggage.
This luggage is carried aboard and its owner / passenger takes any luggage-related responsibility.
- Regional Services – Each hand luggage is carried aboard. Any hand luggage may not exceed specified weight and size limits. This hand luggage is carried free of charge.
- Domestic Services – Each hand luggage is carried free of charge. Any passenger may, however, take aboard only such luggage which may be placed on his/her knees, under the seat or in the overhead compartment. No luggage may block the entry, the exit or the aisle.
- International Services - Each hand luggage is carried free of charge. Just like on domestic services, any passenger may, however, take aboard only such luggage which may be placed on his/her knees, under the seat or in the overhead compartment. No luggage may block the entry, the exit or the aisle.
On domestic and international services, any travel luggage is usually carried in the luggage compartment and any luggage-related responsibility is taken by us, the carrier. Your travel luggage is loaded in the luggage compartment by our driver with your assistance. Each travel luggage must be labelled with a luggage check.
Upon collection of your luggage from the luggage compartment, it is necessary to show our driver your valid luggage check. Our driver identifies your luggage accordingly and hands it over to you – thus we try to avoid any thievery or mistakes or any other misunderstandings. Your luggage is unloaded from the luggage compartment by our driver with your assistance.
In certain cases, however, a travel luggage may be taken aboard and any luggage-related responsibility is taken by its owner / passenger.
- Regional Services – Each travel luggage is carried aboard. It involves any luggage which exceeds specified weight and size limits. Luggage fees are 0,35€ when you pay with cash and 0,32€ when you pay with travel card.
However, there are also some exemptions. Any wheel chair or baby carriage of a handicapped person (owner of an appropriate ID card) are carried free of charge. No fees are even charged for any wheel shopping bag of persons over 70 years of age.
- Domestic Services – Each travel luggage is carried either aboard or in the luggage compartment. A travel luggage fee of 0,50 € is charged for any piece of luggage. Any passenger is allowed to take max. 2 travel luggages; in out-of-peak times our driver may allow passengers to take even more luggages. Extra luggage, and/or skis (in an appropriate cover), snowboard (in an appropriate cover), or baby carriage may be only accepted in case of free space in the luggage compartment.
- In international transportation the baggage is carried in the baggage compartment. Passengers may take two pieces of hand baggage (suitcases) on board weighing up to 25 kilograms and not exceeding 60x90x40 cm. This baggage is carried FREE OF CHARGE. In case of free space in the baggage compartment of the bus, an additional 3rd or 4th baggage may be carried, except lines Košice – Bratislava – London, Košice – Bratislava – Rotterdam and Košice – Bratislava – Paris, where an additional 3rd and 4th baggage is not carried.
The carriage fee for baggage on line Košice – Bratislava – Zürich /Geneve from Slovakia is 6 €, from abroad 6 €, or 10 CHF according to the national currency valid for the corresponding country. On lines Košice – Bratislava – Stuttgart and Košice – Bratislava – Hamburg the carriage fee from Slovakia is 5 €, from abroad is 5 €.
Attention: Even despite our care for your luggage, we strongly recommend you to keep all your personal belongings in your hand luggage rather than leaving them in your travel luggage stored in the luggage compartment.
All luggage-related details are available in our corporate Tariff and Carriage Conditions.
Some passengers might leave their hand luggage aboard. If our driver finds it, he delivers it to the Left-Luggage Office located on the ground floor of the Bus Station Mlynské Nivy in Bratislava where they also deal with lost-and-founds.